Kindergarten Registration Process
The Collingswood Public School District is pleased to offer a full day Kindergarten program for the 2020-2021 school year. Kindergarten Roundup for September 2020 begins in February 1, 2020.
The Collingswood Public School District offers full day Kindergarten for students who are five years of age by October 1, 2020. For registration questions, please contact Mrs. Cecilia Taglang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-962-5704 ext. 3100.
Kindergarten Registration is a two-stage process.
Stage 1 is Kindergarten Roundup, when parents and guardians let us know their children will be turning five years old by October 1, 2020 and intend to attend the Collingswood Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
- If your child is of the eligible age and you are planning to send him/her to the Collingswood Public Schools for kindergarten next September, please complete the online form under the “Kindergarten Roundup” link to the left OR return the hard copy "Kindergarten Roundup" form below. You need not do both. The "Roundup Letter" below will be distributed through our current school children on February 3, 2020.
- For parents of current Collingswood Pre-Kindergarten students - if you intend for your child to attend the Collingswood Kindergarten Program next year, please read the separate letter sent home with your child and return the bottom portion to your child's teacher by Friday, January 31, 2020. Please do not fill out the Roundup form on the website.
- Your help is needed in locating children who do not have brothers and sisters in school this year. If you have any neighbors with children of kindergarten age, please pass this information or form on to them.
- Parents may contact Mrs. Cecilia Taglang at Tatem Elementary School at (856) 962-5704 ext 3100 to receive additional information regarding our kindergarten program or the registration process.
- If you choose to return the Form IN HARD COPY, please complete the form and return to Tatem Elementary School, 265 Lincoln Ave, Collingswood NJ 08108 as soon as possible.
Once we know your child is eligible to begin Kindergarten in September, we will begin the registration process (Stage 2) below.
Stage 2 is the Kindergarten Registration process, when parents verify residency and provide important demographic, safety, and health information about every child enrolling in the district.
- Once Kindergarten Roundup is complete, we will begin scheduling individual registration appointments.
- It is important that you complete as much of the registration packet as possible prior to your scheduled kindergarten registration appointment. Incomplete registration packets will delay the registration process. Specific questions can be answered on the day of registration or by calling Mrs. Cecilia Taglang at 856-962-5704 ext 3100 or email email@example.com prior to your scheduled appointment.
- We understand that the registration packet is lengthy. Please take your time to complete as much as possible to ensure a smooth registration process.
Please note the Board approved practice for assigning kindergarten students outlined below. While the administration makes every effort to assign students to the school closest to their homes, this is not always possible. If the number of students living in a particular school zone exceed the number of available seats, the administrators will use the process below to determine final assignments.Files: